Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Ooo, Ahhh, Oh MY GOD!

So this holiday weekend was eventful. First the bad news. Car trouble. The bane of my existence, honestly I need to learn about cars. We've been sans car since Friday and if it weren't for Ma we'd have been lost. Seriously, we're talking fish out of water. Good news, car should be fixed and back to us by tomorrow. Bad news, we're going to have a yard sale on Saturday to hopefully raise funds to cover some of the cost. I guess a glass half full person would point out that we'll be completely de-junked afterward.
Happier note. Sean's father's day present, a tattoo, turned out great! And I had payed for it back on father's day so we're solid.

As for our actually Independence Day celebrations, I'm digging the new Cope family tradition. We have a bbq and enjoy Ogden city fireworks from the common area between Ma & Poppi's and Dee Dee's place. Kiki and Josh also showed up with some fireworks that reminded me of what it was like in TX on the 4th. Ahh the danger of explosives. Now here are pictures that I promised wouldn't end up on f'book. :P


Super CUTE!


How many Cope's does it take to light a sparkler?
Another better note I'm attempting at writing an essay to submit to NPR. We'll see how it goes; I'm no Victator after all. But I feel like I should give it a whirl.
With a yard sale this Saturday, my work week half way over, and getting the car back...we even heard from Jason and Copec who might hang out soon. So here's to things hopefully looking up. Cheers!

No comments: