Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Someone Like You

I remember a month ago, pioneer day weekend, thinking uh I haven't done anything! Oh well, I've got Katy Perry tomorrow and then a few other things. Um yeah a whirlwind later....whoa I've been blissfully busy. I did, in fact, make my way to Katy Perry with Kiki and Dee. Kiki splurged to get me a ticket for my early bday. Which, despite Russell's absence, was divine. Perhaps not the most outstanding musician, but a more entertaining show you will never find. Plus I like her music, thanks Lucy, it's like ear candy. Sweet, poppy, and you can sing/dance along. I had a great time.
Then it was Lucy's birthday. We had decided to do a big shin dig every other year. So this being a low key year, we just did pizza and cake with the fam. Lucy had a blast non the less. She got great gifts and a phineas and ferb cake, what more can a four year old want outta life?! OMG yeah four how did that happen, and why is that a perpetual question for me now? I'm going with because I'm doing my best to enjoy the moment and thus they can seemingly slip by. Yeah that seems alright. ;)
The Edsalls came by....yeah weird. still processing all of that. Kelly took pictures though, and they turned out fabulous. I'm so lucky to have her skills at my disposal, still it's only a matter of time before everyone else finds out and then I'll have to jockey for her time. But for now.....hahahahahhah (place maniacal laugh here.) Anyway from their visit I got to see everyone, which was nice enough, but really highlights were papa and Victator. <3 them so. Like I said I'm still processing the rest.
Then there was this Sunday......Adele. OMG honest to god she was outstanding. Absolutely amazing. Her voice has NO I mean literally NO production to it. Stick a mic in front of that woman, and there it is. Perfection! She's given me ample material to belt out at home for years. All of it wonderfully emotional and driven. How a lady of 22 can get that out of herself....things we've all felt/feel....and well damn. Just listen, if you don't own 19 and 21 I suggest a trip to itunes/local record store right away. It was another early bday present from Dee, and it was again perfection! We ended up going with Sean, Luke, and Jason. It was like the old days, beer in hand, outside with a slight breeze at the Galavin Center, surrounded by friends with Sean in hand. Sublime, truly. If Dee's gift is any indication I'm ecstatic for 30. I could go on; Wanda Jackson opened and was delightful, chatting up merch folk again, yadda yadda yadda it was just lovely.

No comments: