Friday, August 26, 2011

Yarg!

So despite my sketchy medical past, I'm still reluctant to go to the doctor. I'll try to do pretty much every/anything before heading out and forking over what tiny bit we've got. And despite some pain, and a gross ass toe I was doing what I could to avoid a visit. Anyway, the time came, sadly to face the fact. Sean was right and I needed to head to the doc. Fortunately a perk to working where I do is I got a good referral to a podiatrist, who with a name drop was able to squeeze me in. Turns out it was an ingrown and aprox 30-40% of my toenail had t be removed completely. Now I have a comically large bandage. I'm just lucky enough to have Sean around who've experienced this and can help me take care of myself.

I could continue of my rant of what else is going south, but instead a few funny tid bits. Lucy's cute haircut, is still wonderful, and this morning she said to me, "let's not do a braid today mom. My hair looks cute down; isn't that why we gots it cut?!"

Taking a bath with one foot out of the tub is not that difficult but high on the hilarity factor. And side note, who loves a bath rather than a shower?! I have a hard time feeling so fresh and clean clean afterward, but shaving your legs is remarkably easier. I think that sodoku is in the same arena as caffeine now. At times I just need my daily dose. Oh and YES that is the original X Men animated series in the back of the first photo. The one from the 90s; Lucy loves it. Her favorites are The Beast, followed closely by Wolverine.

No comments: