Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Some Might Say

Six days from now I celebrate the best and easiest decision I’ve ever made, Sean and I were married. Easier than picking what to wear to work today, easier than picking out what to make for dinner, and well you get the idea. And I thought, because I can be a lame girl this way, that I would over the next six days list six things I love about Sean. It’s true, and I’ve made the joke, that there are literally thousands of reasons, but this is our sixth anniversary so I’ll try and pick my top six.

Today my reason is our friendship/nerdom. You have no idea how nice it is to marry someone who is truly your best friend. I don’t mean “oh we’re so close, we’re like best friends.” I mean your love for supernatural and Dr. Who have bled into novel form. I mean late nights slaying zombies side by side. Having long and ‘meaningful’ conversations about which there is nothing of real importance. Being able to share dirty jokes to deep philosophical beliefs, and being able to argue and then just let it go. No one else I know loves horror movies like myself, save Sean. He got me reading comics, where before I was only rarely ventured into the genre. He loves football and board/cards games. When the music is on he doesn’t skip Greatful Dead to Patsie Cline. He let me pull him into love of Rilo Kiley and Decemberists, and he showed me the fun of Warren G to Lupe Fiasco. Our friends are just that, ours. Either one of us can kick it without the other, and that's just fine. We can laugh together at the most tooth achingly sweet or absolutely awful. Knowing that there isn’t anything I can do or say that is off limits. And again that he feels and does the same. We’re the best of friends with best of benefits, and I don’t just mean an alright movie with more interesting lasting cell phone pictures. I mean that when push comes to shove I want to hang out with Sean. That we get excited over mostly the same stuff. Sure there are things that I love and stuff he adores that for me are just mediocre, but overall were on the same page. It maybe turtles all the way down, but I’m ok with it because I get to go hand in hand through life with my bestie.

No comments: