Thursday, September 29, 2011

Just Us vs. All the others

We’re one day closer to my anniversary, and so here is today’s reason. (Side note: If/When Sean finds out I’m doing this I expect the most epic of eye rolls. Haha) Do you remember listening to the cure or watching pathetically wonderful romantic comedies and thinking “ugh I wish, if only” you could find someone just like that? Well I did; I would pine for someone to make that dream come true. For my John Hughes style guy to wisk me off my feet. I would look at my grandparents and think will I ever find someone like that? Or will it be a serious of settling and making due? And to be completely honest, sorry fellas, that is pretty much what I was doing for most of my dating life. Then along came Sean. Back in high school I had made a list of the ‘perfect’ someone for me. Thinking, of course, that no one would ever be able to meet my criteria and thus I wouldn’t feel so bad being by myself. Well it was Victoria who mentioned it, while Sean and I were engaged. It turns out he met every single item; save one (back then I wasn’t into blondes – so I listed dark or red hair, but to be fair Sean’s beard is red.) From his eyes, to his love of jeeps, to his tastes in food, and it was creepy and yet totally awesome. I realized then that I had found what I always searched for. I had someone to love and trust and who intern did the same completely. I’ve never feel better about myself then when I’m with Sean. He pulls be back from the self tormenting low self esteem girly ledge more often then he should, but he does time and time again. He gives me courage, pushes me to grow, and brings out the best in me. It still get goose bumps when he kisses my neck, and I get giddy when we hold hands. Sean makes me swoon; it’s a mint car kind of love. And it’s because of all of this that today’s reason is simple, he gave me that kind of love a gal dreams about.

No comments: