Saturday, October 22, 2011

Vinyl Wish List

Sure it’s snobbery, but since when haven’t I been a bit of a snob about music. I listen to and love it all, but only when it’s good. Anyway, my preferred vehicle is vinyl these days. Oh sure if you want a single vinyl is not the way to go, but I love albums so it’s for me.  And even though our collection is nothing to slouch at, here is a list of records I want to get my hands on:

Amy Winehouse Back to Black
Adele 21 (19 too but 21 more)
The Streets Everything is Borrowed
Raphael Sadie (the one with Let’s Take a Walk)
The Cure (whatever I could find)
Bowie (again which ever I could be lucky enough to come upon)
Mates of State Rearrange Us
Ryan Adams Heartbreaker and Gold
Drag the River Both the ‘demo’ albums
Marvin Gaye & Cash (they are both in the yeah right category but still)
Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong (yeah right, dream on I know)
Tears for Fears (the one with the hits)Some Reggae (Toots, Marley, or even Fratini)
AC/DC
Danko Jones Below the Belt
Dandy Warhols 13 Tales
Cursive Happy Hollow and Ugly Organ
Weezer Pinkerton
Streetlight Manifesto Everything Goes Numb and/or Keasby Nights
Reel Big Fish (pretty much any of the first three albums)

Wow that’s kind of a long list and of course I wouldn’t turn my nose up at other stuff, but well that is a quick rundown of things I really want and will keep my eyes open for. And to those nah sayers, come have a cup of tea and listen to records with me…..you’ll see what I’m saying.

 

 

No comments: